The Pantone color of 2017 is one very indicative of South Florida living. Pantone refers to the color as (Pantone 15-0343) “a refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings. Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate. Greenery is nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. This shift is reflected by the proliferation of all things expressive of Greenery in daily lives through urban planning, architecture, lifestyle and design choices globally. A constant on the periphery, Greenery is now being pulled to the forefront - it is an omnipresent hue around the world.”
Color is an excellent way to facelift a room without needing to completely change your theme or current design. Adding pops of green color to your living room does not need to be an arduous task. Consider some of these ideas for your South Florida home:
- Changing the color of just one wall can change the focal point of your living room and bring in a distinctive look without needing to change the design.
- Throw pillows are another way to slightly change the appearance of your home without the need of doing anything extreme
- New green plants can add a sense of freshness and is a brilliant way to add color… add pops of green or even pops of contrast colors with fresh flowers or plants.
- Soft greens go beautifully with greys and beiges, like a warm spring day in the garden…Buy new linens and towels in your favorite green hue.
- Another way to incorporate the color of the year is to change up the wall art or an area rug.
Green is thought to bring balance and harmony to its surroundings. Aside from the mindset of the color green, its connection to the outdoors, particularly spring and summer, makes it a great color to couple effortlessly into your interior design. Give it a try in your home this year.