The Village of North Palm Beach’s motto is “The Best Place to Live under the Sun.” Established in the mid 1950’s, North Palm Beach is located in Palm Beach County on the Intracoastal Waterway just west of the Atlantic Ocean. The village won an award from the National Association of Home Builders as best planned community in the year of 1956 Village won an award from the National Association of Home Builders as best planned community of the year.
In 1919, Palm Beach developer Paris Singer opened the Everglades Club in Palm Beach. As membership grew, Singer along with Harry Kelsey purchased land several miles north to build a new golf course. The new golf course was known as the Palm Beach Winter Club and accessible by either automobile or by fast motor boats direct from the Everglades Club’s steps. The Village of North Palm Beach purchased the club and golf course in 1962, and a new municipal club was built and re-opened in 1963. The club and golf course were renamed it to North Palm Beach Country Club. The original 1926 clubhouse remained until 1980. In 1954 for $5.5 million, John D. MacArthur bought 2,600 acres of land in northern Palm Beach County which included today's North Palm Beach as well as Lake Park, Palm Beach Gardens and Palm Beach Shores.
The Village officials dredged 20 canals and 3 lakes and formed a local government. Fire, sewer and water pipes were installed and the infrastructure was in place. North Palm Beach averages 10 feet above sea level and covers 5.8 miles of waterways and land. Sea breezes cool the air throughout the day because of its less than two miles proximately to the Atlantic Ocean.
The Village of North Palm Beach has numerous public parks, offers family friendly events throughout the year and is a very close-knit community. Quaint neighborhoods offer the ideal community to raise a young family or settle into an active retirement. For information on the Village of North Palm Beach, contact the specialists at Waterfront Properties and Club Communities by emailing INFO@wfpcc.com.