The Friends of Jupiter Beach's August beach cleanup is slated for this Saturday, August 6th, 2022, from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. at Ocean Cay Park in Jupiter. The beach cleanup helps to keep trash away from the local wildlife while also helping to maintain the beaches for generations to come. For more information on the Friends of Jupiter Beach clean-up efforts please visit the FJB Facebook page.
The cleanup will be at a 2 ½ mile stretch from the Juno Beach Pier and continue to the southern edge of Carlin Park. Please use beach crossovers 22-59 and enjoy a variety of breakfast foods, drinks, old and new friends, and an opportunity to win a FREE PRIZE!
When you arrive at Ocean Cay Park:
- Sign in and get a lottery ticket for a chance to win a thank-you prize.
- Grab provided gloves, grabbers, and small bags.
- Join a team.
- Team Captains are in orange shirts and have instructions for cleanup areas.
- Collect debris on the beach, along walkways, under crossovers, parking
- Please arrive in closed-toe shoes, hats, sunscreen, and bug spray. No flip-flops.
- Do not leave collected items on the beach or roadside.
- Volunteers are requested to sign in at the Anita Lankler Pavilion! Students desiring school community service credit must check in promptly at 8:00 a.m. to receive 1.5 hours of Community Service credit.
The Friends of Jupiter Beach is always in need of volunteers for future beach cleanups. If interested, please contact director Karen Gray email@example.com. For more information visit the FJB webpage.