Under Phase 1 South Florida restaurants can reopen under social distancing guidelines. Mizner Park within the City of Boca Raton will provisionally allow expansion of al fresco style outdoor seating to allow more patrons to dine in while still exercising social distancing. According to the latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health, there are 39,199 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, including 1,669 deaths.
According to Governor DeSantis the first phase which includes restaurants and retail stores to operate at 2 percent capacity and restaurants with outdoor dining must keep six feet of distance between tables. However, movie theaters and hair salons must remain closed. Students must remain with the distance learning concept until further notice.
Restaurants in Mizner Park will begin to expand outdoor seating on Friday, May 15th. Both northbound and southbound traffic will be diverted to allow restaurants to expand outdoor seating into the road.
A partial list of restaurants that will be participating in Mizner Park is as follows:
- The Blue Fish – Open Sunday – Thursday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for dine-in, touchless curbside pickup and delivery.
- Kapow Noodle Bar – Opening starting Thursday, May 14 for dinner, curbside pickup, and delivery.
- Loch Bar – Open starting Thursday, May 14 for lunch and dinner, as well as pickup and delivery.
- Max’s Grille – Open for dine-in, pickup and delivery starting Thursday, May 14 at 5 p.m.
- Yard House – Open for dine-in, pickup and delivery from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.