Break out the party hats! This year’s end-of-year events range from an assortment of fireworks to a concert by Billy Joel.
The following are some of the county’s offerings:
- Harbourside Place countdown to 2016 begins at 6 p.m. and closes out with fireworks at midnight. Live music and plenty of food and drink specials.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration at City Place. Snowfalls at 6pm, 7pm and 8p. Live music and amazing dining and entertainment.
- Delray Beach’s annual family-friendly alternative to New Year’s Eve at sites around Old School Square begins at 5 p.m. Fireworks are at 9 p.m. and midnight.
- The Piano Man, Billy Joel will perform at 9:30 p.m. at BB&T Center in Sunrise.
- At the Kravis Center, New Year’s Eve shows are the Broadway smash “The Producers” and the annual spoofing of Broadway smashes, “Forbidden Broadway”.
Noon Year’s Eve Celebrations
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium’s noon celebration includes dry ice apple cider toasts.
- Downtown at the Gardens throws a Noon Year’s Eve for kids with a kid-friendly toast at noon.
- The Palm Beach Zoo presents the 3rd annual Noon year’s Eve Celebration with a children’s dance party at the Fountain Plaza, includes face painting and noise makers.