One of the biggest misconceptions many homeowners have when the time comes to sell their home is they just put it on the market and hope for the best. Actually NOT putting any money into it could be very costly! Often times, many sellers want to be out of theirs homes quickly, and forget that marketing the home is crucial. Here are a few ways that can boost you above your competition.
- Paint. A fresh coat of neutral paint will attract many homebuyers. Do not forget baseboards, trim, outdoor shutters, and the front door.
- Curb Appeal. Did you know that a majority of homebuyers make up their mind about a home before they even enter a home? Ensure landscaping, flowers, lawn, trees and scrubs are all free of weeds and fallen branches. Remove toys, and clutter from the yard. Plant fresh flowers.
- Declutter. Remove all unnecessary items in the home. The idea is to open up as much space within the home. By keeping the home clean and spacious, it adds the idea of value to your home.
- Lighting. Make sure to have all windows cleaned professionally to let all natural sunlight into the home. Homebuyers do not only view homes during the daytime. Make sure lighting fixtures are updated; add lamps and sconces to darker rooms. Have all the amenities illuminated.
- Hit them with science. Researchers confirm that of the five traditionally recognized senses, homeowners are swayed by their emotions, linked by these senses. www.floridanueroscience.com Smell: Consider cleaning the day before a showing, or not with harsh smelling chemicals. Touch: Make furniture, fabrics and rooms feel livable. Sight: A bright and airy feeling is happy and comfortable. Sound: Play a soft, light music during an open house or showing. Taste: The smell of warm fresh baked cookies will surely endear your home over any other.
If you have other marketing questions about listing your Stuart, Loxahatchee River or surrounding area home, feel free to contact Rob Thomson, Managing Partner, at Waterfront Properties and Club Communities and he will direct you to the area specialist who can assist you with your needs.