Florida is a tropical paradise! It is a vacation mecca and enjoyed by both visitors and residents. The sunshine state is filled with so many fun things to do, interesting landmarks, unique wildlife, fantastic nightlife, shopping and dining all against a unique tropical backdrop. From fishing to golf or to just enjoying the tropical weather. Florida is steep in a rich history and offers a unique look at the progression of America. Here is five fun and interesting facts about the amazing ‘Sunshine State’, Florida.
- The State Song of Florida is “Swanee River” written and composed by Stephen Foster in 1851 and adopted as the state song by Florida State of Tourism in 1935.
- Florida has over 22 million full time residents making it one of the largest populated states in the union.
- The state of Florida is the 22nd largest state in the US in terms of area and land mass.
- The capital of Florida is Tallahassee, the city is found in the northern part of the state is home to Florida State University and was appointed capital in 1824.
- Florida means “Flower” in Spanish. It’s an excellent name for such a tropical paradise.
Come down to Florida, Enjoy the weather, our beaches and the fantastic Florida sun!