I WANT TO GO HOME…
PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
ONE OF THE LEAST BUSY THANKSGIVING WEEK
Nearly 44 million people in the United States will travel this Thanksgiving week. If you have tried to plan a summer trip with the family, you have already had a taste of what can be expected. This holiday, attempting to find seats together and affordable airfare to your destination may prove to be quite challenging! For Thanksgiving and beyond, planes are packed and airfare is up.
Travelocity is reporting that the average airfare is $396 round trip – up 9% from last year. Flying on the most “undesirable days”, the holiday itself, could save you a boatload of money. Travelocity also reports the reason that bookings are up 50% over last year has to do with fewer routes flying, and fewer seats available this holiday season. www.travelocity.com
Orbitz compiled a list of airports anticipating the most, and least, amount of traffic this holiday season. Palm Beach International Airport, located in West Palm Beach, is #6 on the list of “Least Busy” airports this Thanksgiving holiday. Remember the Airports Authority anticipates the Thanksgiving holiday rush will have started on Friday, November 16th and continue through Monday, November 26th. Peak travel times are typically during the morning (5:30am – 8:00am) and late afternoon (3:30pm – 5:30pm). Travelers are advised to arrive at least two hours before their domestic flight, during these peak times.
BUSIEST AIRPORTS LEAST BUSY
- 1. Chicago O’Hare 1. Buffalo Niagara
- 2. Los Angeles International 2. Jacksonville International
- 3. San Francisco International 3. Nashville International
- 4. New York LaGuardia 4. Sacramento International
- 5. Boston Logan 5. Bradley, CT International
- 6. New York JFK 6. Palm Beach International
- 7. Orlando International 7. Cleveland Hopkins
- 8. Denver International 8. Orange Cty, CA
- 9. Washington Reagan 9. San Antonio International
- 10. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood 10. Salt Lake City International
Waterfront Properties and Club Communities wishes you and your family safe holiday travels.