Mounts Botanical Gardens Celebrates 40 Years
Palm Beach County’s largest public garden is celebrating its 40th year anniversary. Mounts Botanical Gardens is a 14-acre paradise located at 531 North Military Trail, West Palm Beach. It is Palm Beach County's oldest and largest public garden with plants from six continents.
Mounts features over 2,000 species of tropical and subtropical plants including plants native to Florida, exotic trees, tropical fruit, herbs, citrus trees and a variety of palms. Mounts Botanical Garden of Palm Beach County offers all sorts of flora to discover. Themed areas, referred to as gardens, include a butterfly garden, a Mediterranean garden and a tropical forest.
The Mounts Botanical’s mission is “to inspire and educate through nature. Its core values are beauty, inspiration, education, community, stewardship, health & wellness.” Stroll through all or some of beautiful gardens at your leisure. Examples of several of the gardens are described below:
- Rainbow Garden is organized in a variety of color hues, this garden showcases a wide variety of plants that grow well in Palm Beach County
- Rose and Fragrance Garden indulges the senses with fragrance and beauty
- Butterfly Garden is where you will find a dozen or so different species of butterflies
- Edible Landscape Garden offers a wide variety of tropical fruits, seasonal vegetables, flowers and herbs that can be fruitfully grown in South Florida
- Garden of Well Being showcases vegetations that have made our lives easier though teas, taste, cosmetics, medicinal uses and folk remedies
- Tropical Foliage Border Garden features tropical plants in gently curving borders with tremendous color that lasts year-round
- Garden of Extremes features plants and materials often unique to extremes such as light and weather conditions, think cacti and succulents
- Trial Garden is where plants are studied for how well they will perform for the average gardener