Boca Raton's newest addition to the craft beer scene is Crazy Uncle Mike's brewery and restaurant which opened last week in the 9,000-square-foot building where Zone Sports Lounge and Moonshine Molly's used to be.
The location was transformed into a super trendy beer and food spot with a modern industrial interior centered around socialization. Crazy Uncle Mike's dubs its focus on "brews, bites and beats," also offering live reggae music with Artikal Sound System on Fridays and Latin music from Suenalo on Saturdays.
With a shiny brand new 10-barrel brewing system, brewmaster Corey Wilson, who gained his experience at Boynton’s Copperpoint Brewing Co. and at Denver’s Copper Kettle Brewery, also earning a gold medal at the prestigious Great American Beer Festival in Colorado, is aiming to create interesting brews which currently include experiments with cafe con leche and super citrussy ale.
Their preliminary beer list is listed here:
- Take the Sour Back: Sour New England IPA.
- Renegades of Funk: Yuzu Thyme Farmhouse Ale.
- Painted Black: English style oatmeal stout. Malty and rich with deep roasted coffee flavors
- Licensed To Pils: Coming Soon, this is Crazy Mike’s light American Pilsner. Crisp and clean malt flavors.
- Get The Red Out: American Amber Ale. Sweet caramel malt, toasted bread crust flavors and a touch of chocolate are balanced by citrussy and resinous hop notes.
- Shipping off to Boston: New England Style IPA. Intense hop flavors without the bitterness. Massive notes of white grapefruit and passion fruit.
The venue also serves craft cocktails and wine.
As for the food, don't expect any sort of flavorless bar snacks. Think more authentic global flavors from executive chef Tara Abrams, whose life of cooking includes experience at 32 East and several gastropub concepts by the JEY Group.
On the menu you'll find dishes like pork belly tacos with kung pao glaze, rock shrimp flatbread with Manchego cheese, veggie taco-elotes, and grilled flat iron steak with yucca mash and chimichurri. Breakfast lovers will also enjoy some hearty breaskfast-for-dinner options.
Check out the new Crazy Uncle Mike's in Boca- they're open for lunch and dinner and you definitely won't be disappointed!
See more about them on Facebook.
Location: 6450 N. Federal Hwy., Boca Raton.