Jupiter is located in northern Palm Beach County and offers canine owners the added advantage of being able to bring their beloved dogs to the beach. It is not just any section of the beach though. The dog-friendly section stretches for 2 ½ miles along A1A. Specifically, from crossover #25 on the south end to #59 on the north end.
Keep dogs on leash or under control and always supervised. It is a busy road, please leash your pet from the car to the beach, around small children, at the water fountains, showers and at the crossovers. Jupiter residents and visitors are very fortunate to have a Town Council and Beach Committee that support the idea of dogs on the beach.
Please help preserve this privilege. Use the free dog bags provided by Friends of Jupiter Beach, at 29 crossovers, and always use best beach etiquette. Please follow the following requests:
- While off-leash, let dogs run in uncrowded areas, giving no one reason to complain.
- Don’t let dogs invade the space of or bathroom near other people or dogs uninvited.
- Clean up after dogs with FJB dog bags, provided at every beach crossover, or bring your own bags.
- Do not bury poop or throw it in the dunes or water.
- It is suggested to bring dogs to the beach early or late it is less hot, less crowded and prevent their paws from burning in the hot sand.
Please honor these rules seriously for the sake of “your four-legged, furry best friend”. This is one of the last remaining and best beaches for you to bring your dog. If these requests are not followed the dogs will not have a beach to enjoy. Enjoy and safeguard these cherished beaches.