On March 3, 1845, Florida became the nation’s 27th state. Florida, you’re looking pretty great for 175 years old. Here are some fun facts that you may or may not know about our beautiful “Sunshine State”.
- Florida is known as “the sunshine state” because on average, Florida has 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Florida is the 3rd most populous state.
- Florida has more toll roads and bridges than any other state.
- The Fern Capital of the World is in a small town in Northeast Florida called Pierson. Ferns from farms in Person, FL are shipped worldwide.
- Britton Hill in the Florida Panhandle is the highest point in Florida at only 345 feet above sea level. Sugarloaf Mountain near Clermont, FL is the highest point in Florida’s peninsula at only